Learn from Pulsar expert Jesse Anderson and special guests Matteo Merli and Sijie Guo on how to develop applications using Apache Pulsar.
About this Training
This training will take attendees through an in-depth look at Apache Pulsar. We will look at how Pulsar works and how to create real-time systems with it. This will include how to create consumers and publishers in Pulsar. Then we will look at Pulsar’s ecosystem, including Pulsar Functions, Pulsar IO, and Pulsar SQL, and how each one is used.
Details: This is an on-demand class and has been pre-recorded. 13 total hours of training split across four 3-hour and 15 minutes sessions.
- Videos of lectures, guest speakers, and questions/answers
- Virtual machine with Pulsar installed and all course source code
- Exercise guide
Intended Audience: Technical, Software Engineers, QA, Analysts
Prerequisites: Intermediate-Level Java
You Will Learn
- How to create large scale real-time systems using Apache Pulsar
- How real-time distributed systems are different from batch systems
- How to create Pulsar producers and consumers
- How to use Apache Avro with Pulsar for truly enterprise-grade solutions
- How to use Pulsar Functions to create data pipelines
- How to use your existing SQL skills with Pulsar SQL
Data At Scale
- Data Movement Concepts
- Moving Data at Scale
- Basic Concepts
- Advanced Concepts
- Advanced Features
Developing With Pulsar
- Using Apache Maven
- Pulsar API
Advanced Pulsar Development
- Advanced Producers
- Advanced Consumers
- Multi-threading Consumers
Pulsar and Avro
- Why Serialize
- Avro and Serialization Formats
- What Are Pulsar Functions?
- Writing Functions
- Managing State
- Pulsar SQL and Presto
- Using Pulsar SQL
- Apache Pulsar
- Pulsar Functions
- Pulsar SQL
- Apache Avro
About Jesse Anderson
Jesse Anderson is a Data Engineer, Creative Engineer, and Managing Director of Big Data Institute. He works with companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies on Big Data and has trained more than 30,000 people on Apache Kafka, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Pulsar.
This is an on-demand class and has been pre-recorded. It is presented as a partnership between Stream Native and Big Data Institute.
This class is available on demand. Get started today!
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.